Sunday, April 15, 2012

Winter Garden's 12th Annual "Spring Fever" Festival

This weekend I attended the 12th Annual Spring Fever Festival in downtown Winter Garden, about a ten minute drive from my house.  I remember how this area was 10 years ago, when I moved to nearby Ocoee , and I must say I am astonishingly surprised at its progress.  Downtown Winter Garden has nothing to envy any downtowns from major metropolis, such as nearby Orlando, Miami, or even bigger ones.  The sense of community that one breathes here is so palpable, I made a mental note to own a house there, when the time comes.

It was a bright and colorful event...



Me at an orchid stall.
Conservation groups were keen on showcasing Lake Apopka's wildlife. 


Local students painted these magnificent portraits in chalk on the grounds of City Hall.



But the true jewel of Winter Garden is its Sweet Traditions French Bakery.  The closest I have come to a French bakery in the USA.  They bake the most wonderful croissants, baguettes, quiches and all sorts of desserts.  It's my new go-to place for the weekends.






No comments:

Post a Comment